Sitka Trail Works, Inc.
Status: Three-quarter time (30 hour work week). At will and exempt.
Pay Range: $30,000 – $45,000 annually DOE (based on a 30 hour work week) – as negotiated.
Benefits: As required by federal and state laws and regulations (Workers Comp, SSI, Unemployment, etc.). Personal leave and contributions towards health insurance and retirement – as negotiated.
Summary: Sitka Trail Works, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, with the mission of developing, maintaining, and promoting Sitka’s trail system. The Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations as well as implementing the mission. The Executive Director is the primary point of contact with the community and responsible for the financial, legal and general well-being of the corporation.
Reports to and under the direction of: Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains, meets and enhances the mission, goals, objectives and overall health of the corporation.
- Plans and develops trails in the Sitka area.
- Negotiates Memoranda of Understanding and other agreements with local, state and federal agencies for developing and maintaining trails.
- Aggressively raises funds through grant writing, membership drives and other solicitations.
- Conceives, develops and executes grant requests to government agencies, foundations, corporations and other entities in support of trail development.
- Conceives, develops and executes Requests For Proposals (RFPs) and contracts in support of trails development and maintenance.
- Manages the finances of the corporation.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and its subdivisions.
- Develops and submits an annual budget and any revisions for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Reports regularly to the Board of Directors through its president on the affairs of the corporation.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policies and planning; responsible for their enactment and required revisions.
- Recruits, trains and supervises volunteers.
- Acts as the primary liaison to local, state and federal government, as well as private entities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Experience and Skills require or preferred: One year experience in supervisory capacity. Experience with aspects of non-profit entities; including, but not limited to, project management, financial management, grant writing, fund-raising and volunteer organization. Skilled in dealing with governmental entities, staff, volunteers, and the general public in a direct and courteous manner. Experience with issues concerning communities in Alaska and with trails in particular is a plus.
Application Period: Open until filled. The first deadline for applications is July 13, 2015, 5:00 p.m. AST. Applications must be received by email or mail at the addresses listed below or faxed to the phone number listed below by the deadline. A postmark is not an adequate indication of receipt.
Send resume and three references to: email@example.com or mail or deliver to:
Executive Director Hire
Sitka Trail Works, Inc.
713-B Sawmill Creek Road
Sitka AK 99835
Applicants may fax their application to: 747-4977
For more information contact: Brian Hanson, Board President 747-3257 or 738-6753
Sitka Trail Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.